Friday, September 11, 2009

The tale of two neighbours - by SSK

Malaysia - Indonesia

Indonesia – Malaysia feud. Hot topic. Yes I know. I must say, I’m in no man’s land on this one.
I’m Indonesian. But every bits and pieces of me is in Malaysia. In Malaysia was I shaped to be what I am today.
My friends? Malaysian.
My family? Malaysian.
My other better half? Malaysian. – how can I not be part Malaysian as well? In fact, I feel like freaking Hannah Montana, I have the best of both worlds.

You see, I’m very easily stung. Back then, if u said a bad word about Indonesia you’ll be in a mouth off with me. Not the prettiest place to be. You may think of it as a hot headedness, but for me it is patriotism. It is passion.

HOWEVER, I have recently come to a realization, that it is the very same “patriotism” that has led these scumbags (not mentioning any nationality) to spark dispute among each other. Let us eliminate nationality. Generalization is really appalling.

These brainless nincompoops situated in Indonesia - not Indonesian, for Indonesians are better than that – accused a country of stealing their stuff since man invented wheel. And another nincompoops situated in Malaysia – not Malaysian(I know that Malaysians are better than that), just some dirt bags inconveniently(for Malaysian) residing in Malaysia – sparked hatred by coming up with blogs/spreading them. And series of nincompoopness by nincompoops in both countries later, both countries are at war. You see how it is done? Hatred is spread very easily. It is like cancer. Or a torn cloth. The more you engage in it, the more it spreads.

Ladies and gentlemen of both countries, generalization kills. Prejudice kills. The saying “kerana nila setitik, rosak susu sebelanga” is just obsolete. It is Medieval. However, it is also inevitable. For most, prejudisme is a second nature. Alas, how can it not be? Human is so filled with emotions.

People of both countries, I cannot be your Jimmy the Cricket – your conscience- but I can make you read this. Hatred is destructive. It is more destructive than you think. And it also is, as Mitch Albom had put it, a curved blade. So, at this point, screw nationality. Spread the message of love and peace, do not be affected by all these hatred generated by these denser –than-a-cold-bubur lambok people. For, at the end of the day, it is your actions that determine who you are, and not nationality. Peace.




(All rights reserved to the author)

No comments:

Post a Comment